Sunday, September 8, 2013

T Minus 33.5 - Relaxing

After the last couple days, I treated myself to a nice, lazy start this morning. It felt good to do nothing all morning, especially after the whirlwind of activity that kept me jumping Thursday and Friday. The most strenuous thing I did between waking up and going to work was texting with The Hubby and my brother. I'm sure I just upset him by even mentioning him here but I want to celebrate with him from a distance. He is officially engaged to a really sweet girl and I'm extremely happy for them.

I spent a little time browsing Amazon. I realized that with all the geckos and whatnot running around here, I might want a container for the dog food I ordered yesterday. I told The Hubby if he had any food left over after his road trip across the country that he should donate it to our vet in Vegas, or to the humane society. When Lexi decided at the age of 9 months that she no longer wanted puppy kibble, the rest of her puppy kibble when to the humane society who happily accepted it.

The time finally came that I needed to go to work. I forced myself to get ready and headed for the bus stop. Everything about today proved far less dramatic than yesterday. I easily found a seat on the bus. The bus arrived at Ka'anapali on time. I caught the trolley from Whalers Village to the Hyatt instead of needing to walk. Work went smooth  - slow, but smooth. Today was a good day, except for a short moment in the evening.

I imagine a song triggered my emotions - there seemed to be an awful lot of Michael Buble on the Pandora station at work today - but whatever it was I suddenly, and very sorely, felt the distance between me and my family. I really miss The Hubby and the pups. Some days I find myself unable to hold it in. Today turned out to be one of those days, so I suppose I should be happy the gallery was a ghost town today. I only had one tissue left and I made use of every inch of it to dry my eyes after stepping into the stock room.

I spent my shift at work studying some of the art. I noticed a certain piece in a different way while I was walking around trying to think positively and lift myself out of my funk. I tried, and failed, to determine what medium the artist used. I checked both our profile on the artist, which turned out to be fairly minimal, and the artist's website. I found nothing to tell me what process she might have used. I believe it might be some type of brush tip markers or some very intricate dry-brushed watercolor work. Regardless, I found it very inspiring. It made me get a little more antsy for the arrival of my gelato paints, which will hopefully arrive any day now.

Speaking of arriving, I checked the mail once I got home from work and found lots of surprises - fat mail everywhere! Someone sent me some collage papers in ATC size. Someone else sent me some 4x6" papers to use in my artistic projects. I saw The Hubby listed as the return address on the last box, but I wasn't expecting anything from him. His package contained a new tank top for me!
My new shirt The Hubby designed

The Hubby started a company with a longtime friend of ours and they have been busy getting things set up. He and his crew - his mom - designed and stitched me an exclusive design. Having seen the designs he plans to offer in the store, I know this isn't one of them. I think it's freaking awesome and I can't wait to wear it!

I stashed all my new supplies on my window desk/shelf/thing before eating a sandwich. Then, I browsed a bit on Amazon, checking out the ArtBin stuff and a few other things. I decided I really want a set of Pitt Pens. My birthday is just around the corner. Maybe someone will surprise me with a set. We'll see.

With no light to work by tonight, I suppose a couple episodes of Supernatural are in order before I fall asleep.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment