Saturday, September 14, 2013

T minus 28.5 - Independence issues

On my days off, I tend to stay hidden away in the condo. I lay back, take it easy, and do artsy things because it takes my mind off being alone.

I find I don't much care for being alone. Truth be told, independence is nearly a foreign concept for me. My mother, best described as over-protective, never let me move out on my own - no dorms, no apartment of my own, nothing. During school, I lived at home. I lived at home until the day I moved in with The Hubby.

I never regretted any of that. I did often wonder what living alone would have been like. It brings to mind the old adage "Be careful what you wish for."

I live on my own now. I've been here for 2 months. It sucks. I don't like it at all. Even though I know I live in paradise and that there are tons of opportunities to go do and see things - and to share them with you by writing about them here - I simply fail to find any motivation to do so. I prefer the way things have been for the last 17 years of my life. I find I am much happier doing things with The Hubby.

So...on my days off, I choose to not be adventurous. Doing things alone, without The Hubby, simply feels wrong. That gets fixed in less than a month.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment