Sunday, September 15, 2013

T minus 25 1/2 - Maui's Own Craft Fair

Well look at that, today went according to plan. Not that plans matter... But  it's nice to say you did what you said you were going to do sometimes.

I didn't doddle around much this morning. I wanted to get to the craft fair while it was still on. Unlike my last trip to the farmers market.

So I headed to McDonald's on my way to the bus stop. Actually McDonald's is just past the bus stop but... I was hungry.

On my way to McDonald's I crossed paths with Jeska, my boss from the Front Street gallery. We talked story and walked a block or so together. I was wearing my new skull tank top from the hubby and she loved it. She likes day of the dead type stuff too.

I sat at the bus stop with just one other person for the most part. As I ate my sausage mcmuffin my new friend, a 77- year old Japanese woman who was born and raised on Maui, talked story until the bus came. Seems almost every time I sit at the bus stop I make a new friend.

I think I had to go thru ~15 other bus stops until I got to mine at the Lahaina civic center.

The craft fair was half indoors and half out in the lawn. It cost a whole dollar to get in. I headed for the indoor area first as that seemed to be with the flow of the foot traffic. There were a lot of jewelry booths. I looked at and admired many items.

I didn't see anything I had to have in that Area, so I moved out side. There was a booth with some interesting things. I don't wear a lot of rings but I had been thinking about a thumb ring after I learned it symbolizes confidence, courage, strength, and individuality. A lot of people have told me I am brave and courageous since moving here, too.
It has waves and hibiscus all around it.

I found a big tote bag I liked a lot, and I bought it for myself. It is hot pink with a black tribal Honu and waves design. It will be good for the days I'm on foot with out a bike basket...

I got to try a sample of a pineapple macaroon and ended up buying a small pack of them to go. They are so yummy.

Then I spied a food stand. There was only a few options, I went for the chili dog with a Redondo's dog.

I took note of the time of the next bus and browsed one last booth before heading to the bus stop across the street.

I talked to a lot of neat people and got a lot more compliments on my tank top. I had a pretty good time.

I thought about stopping by ACE on my way home to grab one canvas to work on until my shipment comes in, but decided not to.

I did play a bit, you can read about that at TripleC.

I have to go to work tomorrow, so I'm gonna call it a night.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment