Saturday, September 14, 2013

T/Minus 27.5 - HI5

I started my day by missing a photo op. Passing the post office on the way to the bus stop, I spotted a young girl standing outside wearing a Lara Croft holster type thing. She definitely had the body to pull it off, but it seemed so out of place. And, yes, I failed to get the phone out in time to get a picture.

I managed to snap a photo of The Sugar Cane Train, though. Staring out the window of the bus, I noticed the train rolling along the tracks. This time, I got the picture. Looking at the picture, I realized there's a lot going on in there - the train, of course, but also a storm brewing over Pu'u Kukui. Then, I saw the sign hanging on the fence. Craft fair! I forgot about the craft fair. I definitely plan to go this week.
Sugar Cane Train, and a Storm
over the West Maui Mountains

The bus reached Whaler's Village and I walked towards the driver. He raised his hand, motioning to the people trying to board that they should wait until passengers got off before they tried to get on. I laughed. "I thought you were raising your hand to give me a high five," I said. He smiled, said "Sure, why not," and slapped my hand. I smiled all the way up the walk to the hotel.

Another slow day at work meant I needed to find ways to stay busy. I emptied a display of pottery, cleaned the shelves, and rearranged the display as I put things back. While doing so, I happened across a ceramic sculpted Honu about as big as my hand print. I suspected he was new to the shop - I'd never seen him before. I carried him over to the counter to see him in better light. I snapped a photo and informed The Hubby I wanted him to hang over my door instead of the copper sculpture of Maui. Bonus: the Honu is more affordable!
A ceramic Honu sculpture I
want to hang over the condo door

I made 2 sales today. I sold 2 soap dishes. Later, I sold 2 pepper grinders. I completed a sale the boss lady had pending for 2 earrings. 2 - everything happened in pairs today. When I got home, I found 2 packages in the mail even!

The first package was some crafty stuff. The second package, though, carried a return address with The Hubby's name on it. I was super excited to open it up. Sure enough, he surprised me with another shirt, a Dia De Los Muertos design stitched across the front of it. That man is so freaking awesome! My boss at the Front St gallery would be so jealous if she saw this shirt. She really loves that stuff also.
My newest shirt
The Hubby made for me

Today was a good day. If you like the artsy stuff, I finished up a new canvas before work today. I wrote about it over on TripleC.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment