Monday, September 9, 2013

T Minus 32.5 -

I woke up feeling very inspired and ready to create something. First, I needed coffee and a bite to eat. I found my cupboards and fridge nearly empty, though - I suppose I should visit the grocery soon - and I ate my last piece of bread, a heel, toasted and slathered with pineapple jelly. I sipped my iced coffee while I considered what type of projects might fill my day.

I decided a little collage work was in order so I set up my bedside studio accordingly. I started with an ATC and ended up making a dozen or so. While working, I traded texts with my close friend back east who is just as crafty as I am. She suggested I take part in an autumn ATC exchange she was coordinating. I decided to go ahead since it has been years since I did anything like that. I created something that I liked, snapped a photo to get my friend's opinion, and got it ready to mail out.
Beach-themed ATC

I found another exchange focused on themes based on where you live. I created 2 vintage beach-inspired cards and readied those to send out also. I continued making a few, mostly to fill the time and just for the sake of making them, before cleaning up the studio for the day. I know I've said this before, but I can't wait to get my stuff here from Vegas. I have all these ideas for projects and all of my supplies sit in a dusty storage unit in the desert.
Beach-themed ATC

At the recommendation of The Hubby, I added a few ArtBin containers to my Amazon wish list. That seems promising. I know I will need creative way to organize all my supplies when they get here. There's just so much less space in the condo than in our Vegas house!

Maureen kindly came by to take me to the grocery. I stocked up on Ramen, and even grabbed a sixer of a local amber beer. I might even save some for The Hubby. In all honesty, I plan to gradually create a stash for him so he has some cold choices once he finally arrives in our new home. One month to go!
Local amber beer

I spent the evening doodling imaginary flowers on my watercolor pad. Maybe tomorrow after work, with hopefully enough light to work by remaining in the afternoon, I might be able to add some color. Better yet, maybe my gelato paints will arrive tomorrow - today begin Sunday, no mail means no gelato paints yet - and I can use them.

I feel tired, and I doubt I make it all the way through an episode of Supernatural, but I intend to try.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment