Tuesday, September 17, 2013

T Minus 23 1/2 - Joyride

I woke up on this day with 2 rumbling possibilities in my mind as to what to do with my time.

You may assume one of those was to make something artful, and you would be wrong.

I had a notion to go see Mike at Skin Deep tattoo and get some wings added to one of my puppy dog paws, which is long over due. But I also felt like going to Kahului to find a shop I read about. Yes it's a crafty shop.

So I went with the bus ride to the city.

Bus ride 1- post office to wharf. I sat down in a hole in the wall Mexican food eatery for lunch while I waited for the next bus. The place is called Amigos. And the food was mediocre...
Bus ride 2- wharf to Queen Ka'ahumanu shopping center
Bus ride 3- a happy accidental 1 hour tour of Wailuku... Yes I got on the wrong bus, but I didn't care. I just enjoyed the ride.
Bus ride 4 - took me from the shopping center to about a block and half from this shop I was looking for.

I wanted to take pictures since I was in a new area, but this bus had some kind of film on the windows which ruined every photo opp.

The shop was small, I guess to be expected. And every thing they sold was Hawaii or tropical themed. I got a few things since I went through all I did to get there, but nothing to write home about.

Back to the closest bus stop, which was in a K-mart parking lot. While I was waiting I saw a lady cut off the bus and almost cause an incident. It was... She was about as stupid as they get. But no dents or scratches or injuries so life goes on. I boarded and that became bus ride number 5, back to the shopping center.

Transfer busses and bus ride number 6 back to the wharf in Lahaina. Its about an hour bus ride on a good day. Today was one of those good days. I fell asleep at some point on that ride. The hubby will not be surprised to find that out.

One more bus ride, number 7, which took me to the stop by the post office. Which is a couple blocks from the condo.

On my way home I was getting hungry, I passed the Hard Rock Cafe and thought about their buffalo chicken boneless wings. But I ate lunch out, so I dragged myself on by.

There are no other options but Ruth Chris between there and home. I'm not much for steaks so I was not and never will be tempted to go there.

When I got home, another package was waiting on my doorstep. It was the dogs' new water bowl.

I put that out of the way, since I won't need it for about 3 more weeks, which as The Hubby said, is 4 weeks too much.

I put my last pack of pizza rolls in the toaster oven and started to settle in for the night. Note to all: pizza rolls are yummy doused in Louisiana's hot sauce. I ran out of hot sauce in this act of dousing.

If you're interested in my artful stories, head over to TripleC now.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment