Saturday, September 14, 2013

T minus 26.5 - on my own here

My editor/publisher/best friend/hubby hits the road again tomorrow morning to head back west. So I'm editing and publishing this on my own. I hope I don't seem too scatterbrained.


Today at the bus stop while waiting with an assortment of folks for the bus to arrive, I met a nice couple from New Palestine, Indiana. A bit ironic I thought. They were trying to stay out of a debate someone was having about NASCAR and Indy 500. I stayed out of it too. I'm too far removed to care who races and or wins these days, but I always hope it's Danica Patrick.

The bus ride was a sardine can again today. I was lucky to not be near the debaters on that ride. But I felt like I was in everyone's arm pits, I smelled 37 different BO's. I wished I could hold my breath long enough, but there was no way.

I stopped and got some snacks to eat at work. One of which was a small container of li hing pineapple. The pineapple was fresh not dried. Mostly I've seen this coating on dried fruits. So I thought maybe it would be OK. Well I'm not sure OK was the right term. By the time I got to it at work it was no longer chilled. And that coating does nothing good for pineapple. I brought most of it home to chill in the fridge and give it another chance cold. We will soon see, tomorrow I'm guessing. I also snacked on some teriyaki turkey jerky.

My boss had zero sales today. I thought it would be the same for me as it was just a ghost town. But within the last half an hour I sold about $100 in odds and ends. Whoopetydoo.

I started thinking today that I want some hippie sandals. I might head over to Birkenstock tomorrow after the craft fair to see what they have. Hopefully some on clearance! But if I remember right Birks are well worth the money in comfort.

Well I'm gonna get up early and head to catch a bus that goes to the craft fair area. Until tomorrow....

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment