Sunday, September 22, 2013

T Minus 19.5 - scenic route

So I took the early bus up to Whalers Village this afternoon on my way to work. I grabbed pizza in the food court, 1 piece to eat right away and one to eat later at work ( which was a bad idea, because the ants got to it before I did).

The hubby always has good ideas, OK almost always... But this morning he had a good idea. One I wish I had a long time ago. He said with all my extra time in Kaanapali I should take the beach walk to work. So I went to the beach front side of the shopping center and headed towards the Hyatt.


The water and the lounge chairs all looked so inviting. I wanted to give in to the sirens of the sea. How hard it was to just keep walking. Then, there it was, a hammock, unmanned. I had a good 15 minutes til 3. I threw my bag down under one of the palm trees that it was tied to, and eased my existence into the webbed cradle of serenity. I then thought to myself that The Hubby would never believe this, so I snapped a selfie.
Self proclaimed beach bum
With a job!


I snapped a lot of other pics along the way. I really just wanted to say "screw it all!'' and stay.
Love how the trees framed this pic.

A sailboat in the distance. 

However, some strange little responsibility and logic bug bit my bum. So I hopped up and dredged on. When I got to the Hyatt's property I had no idea to get in to the building. I figured it out, the long way anyway.
You can see Lana'i from this little beach walk 
path to the shore.

I recently decided any attempt at a hairstyle was worthless here, windblown is the only way to go, whether you want it or not. Today was proof, as the sea spray and sandy trade winds whirled around me. It felt good.

Work was no where near as good as yesterday, when I sold a ~$550 Daniel Moe blown glass wave sculpture. But today wasn't bad either. Until... It was time to go home. 8:45 I text my ride-giving-boss that I'll be ready shortly after 9. No reply, sometimes she forgets her phone. At 9 I text her again that I was headed out the back doors to meet her. No reply. At 9:20 I call, and find out she had forgotten about me. She hurried over to pick me up, and was very apologetic. Oh well that's island time.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment