Saturday, September 28, 2013

T minus 13.6 - 12 hours late

I couldn't keep my eyes open last night to write a story. It is hard enough to do on the tablet, add heavy eye lids and that would've been a horrible mess. So, I made you wait.

Night before last, if you remember I turned off the AC and opened all my windows. I slept pretty comfortable.

Right on the nose of 9:30am I woke to the songs of the birds that live in the trees around my building. The cooing of spotted doves, the sweet songs of java sparrows (my favorites), and the competitive sqwaking and screeching of the myna birds, which I swear were sitting on my window sill yelling at me to wake up, as if I had anything to do with their daily routine.

So I was awake and then they seemed satisfied and they seemed to calm down or move on.

I had breakfast, an English muffin with pineapple preserves, while texting with The Hubby.

I surfed the web and caught up on some tweets and my body told me to take a nap after noon. I set an alarm so I could get up in time to get ready for work. But that didn't work... My boss called me after a few minutes of dozing off. She wanted me to take the early bus and try to get in a little early to relieve her because she had something to do after work at the last minute.  So I agreed to help. Shamelessly skipping shaving my legs, I got dressed and left.

There was some kind of large gathering at the Hyatt, and they were shoppers! I had a steady flow of people coming thru the gallery, and a steady flow of sales. I was glad, the time went by a bit faster than usual.

Closing time rolled around and I had to sit and wait almost an hour for my ride.

By the time I got home I barely had the energy to make a hot pocket in the toaster oven before just crashing in bed. So that's why you had to wait an extra 12 hours.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment