Wednesday, September 25, 2013

T minus 15.5 - Whirlwind

What a crazy day.

I got to work at 10:15 this morning. The gallery has barely been open 15 minutes, and my coworker made no sales in that time, but as soon as I got in, I barely cooled off from my bike ride to work, and I already was closing a very big sale.

I thought that would surely be a sign of a good day at work. And it stayed pretty steady. Generally the gallery closes at 7:30 pm. But I had customers until 8:30pm. I couldn't get to the front of the store to close the doors because people kept coming in and buying stuff, it was a mad house in the end.

My lunch break was a heart ache, texting with The Hubby, I just have such a hole in my life with out him and the pups. Nearly 2 weeks left. This had probably been the longest 3 months of my life. The rest of my life isn't long enough to make up for this time apart. I dried my eyes and had to get back to work.

I think there's some irony to The Hubby and I choosing Lahaina for our new home town... I found out what the word Lahaina means today... Merciless Sun. The hubby had become permanently acclimated to Saudi Arabia when he was stationed there, so Vegas temps were cool to him most of the time... Lahaina is a whole other kind of hot, the sun reflects of the ocean and harbor town becomes a sauna.

Fall is coming. My ride to work this morning was more comfortable than I had experienced in the last 2 months. The afternoon sun was a whole other story. It got steamy today. But I rode my bike home from work and it was comfortable again at 9 pm.

The landlord is back home on the island and should be over tomorrow to hook up the washer finally. So if all goes according to plan, tomorrow is laundry day and I'm actually excited about that.

So I guess I better get some sleep.

I'll leave you with a pic of a surfboard fence from Paia Town.


Aloha!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the next 2 weeks goes fast for you. Thanks for sharing your life with us. I really enjoy the stories and pics. The surfboard fence is awesome and shows how tight the community is there. Moat places would have to worry about idiots stealing some of them. Glad you're in paradise and good luck with the washer.

    ReplyDelete