Monday, August 12, 2013

T Minus 61: Back to Work

I slept in again. I like sleeping in! After I forced myself to get up, I char-broiled a bagel when I didn't realize I still had the toaster oven set to the highest setting. Into the trash with that one, and into the toaster oven with another. This time, I kept a closer watch and retrieved it just in time for it to be perfectly toasted. I shmeared on some cream cheese and ate it while I watched more Weeds episodes.

Lazing around, texting with The Hubby, relaxing - enjoying my morning had me thinking about working on island time today. Bus schedules can get me to work 30 mins early or 5 mins late. I decided I haven't been working long enough to be pulling off that island time thing, so I hopped the bus that got me to work 30 mins early.

I met a new coworker, Robin, today when I relieved her at the gallery. Imagine this - she's super nice! Unfortunately, she left very shortly after I arrived and I was left on my own to watch paint dry. The Hyatt, where our Ka'anapali gallery is, was hosting an ADP convention. ADP rented every single room in the hotel, which is probably good for the hotel but wasn't so good for us. Hundreds of people walking around in green polo shirts but none of them stopped in to check out the artwork. We managed only 3 sales the entire day.

I bought a newspaper in hopes of clipping some ads and coupons. Sunday papers always have ads and coupons, right? Well, this one didn't. The Hubby and I theorize that you only get the ads and coupons if you get the paper delivered to your home. I wanted to see what I could accomplish on my next grocery trip armed with ads and coupons, especially after watching a couple episodes of Extreme Couponing.

With no ads or coupons to look through, I killed most of my shift at work window shopping and making a wish list of sorts while trying to get acquainted with more of the artists. It helped the time go by a little faster than watching the green polo shirts walk back and forth out in the hallway.

The girl whom I switched shifts with showed up to give me a ride home. Now, I need to get some sleep. I closed the Ka'anapali store tonight. I have to open the Front Street store in the morning.

Aloha!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the Riviera, booking a lot of guests that don't gamble...

    ReplyDelete