Thursday, August 29, 2013

T Minus 44: Food!

Whether it was the shower or just sleeping overnight, my brain seems to have quit imagining bugs crawling across my skin every few seconds.

I woke slightly earlier than I usually do when I don't work. I hopped out of bed fairly quickly though because I was hungry. I threw on some clothes and headed off to McD's for some breakfast on my way to the grocery. Having learned my lesson the last trip I made to the grocery, this time around I took 2 shopping bags with me instead of 1.
Lizard hanging out on the curb

I also tried shopping with coupons today. I only saved $12 so I haven't decided yet if the savings is worth the effort. Foodland is small and most options in stock don't match the coupons. Maybe once I have the Jeep and can shop at Safeway, I will save more. Still, saving $12 every trip to the grocery adds up over the course of a year!

The Hubby likes to say bagging groceries is a dying art. He wouldn't have like the bagging job I got today. I stopped many times on the way home to switch the bags between arms. The clerk at the grocery failed to evenly distribute the weight in the bags and one arm kept getting tired!

The frequent stopping turned out to be a good thing, though. At one stop, as I was bending over to pick up the bags after switching sides, I spotted a lizard - probably a skink - on the edge of the sidewalk. I pulled out my phone and asked him to say cheese. He cooperated fairly well!

Back home, I unpacked the grocery haul and decided it was a good time to eat lunch. I opted for a small "secret spicy poke" bowl I picked up while shopping. Verdict? Very spicy and very yummy!

After lunch, I worked on some collage projects. I also watched some painting videos. I need more supplies. I keep looking at these gelatos by Faber Castell. They're a type of gel paint that is supposed to be similar to watercolors. I might have to get some of those. At $50 for the whole set, it seems pricey.

Of course, what I really want is to subscribe to the Scarlet Lime Mixed Media Kit of the month. I doubt that happens, though, so I'll not hold my breath. I started a list of things I hope to pick up though. The Hubby probably started having flashbacks when he read this list, flashbacks of a studio filled with stuff like this that we sold when I decided I wanted to focus on jewelry instead of paper crafts...

I might paint tomorrow before work. Instead of opening the Lahaina gallery as I normally do on Thursdays, I start at 7:00 tomorrow evening to learn about closing procedures. Next week, I start picking up closing shifts in Lahaina. Commissions!!

Or, I might do something far more mundane, like walk to Long's and see if my $5 rewards coupon is enough to get me a pitcher so I can try making iced coffee in volume. I picked up instant coffee and instant dry milk today to experiment with. Wish me luck!

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment