Sunday, August 25, 2013

T Minus 48: My kingdom for squares of paper

I need perfectly cut 1" squares of paper. You send them to me, I send you some type of Hawaiian souvenir like a postcard or a magnet. Deal? Seriously, if you have a way to cut perfect 1" squares of paper and want to send me some, let me know. I have an artsy idea bouncing around in my head but I need paper!
Colorful plant near our condo.
Might be a Ti Plant?

My day started with The Hubby poking fun at me for sleeping in so much. He said he can't wait until I get a big, wet, brown nose shoved in my face promptly at 7:00 every morning to let me know it's time for breakfast. To be honest, I wish that was already happening. As much as I like to wake up slowly, I far prefer waking up to a happy pup begging me to feed his hungry belly. He wakes The Hubby at 7:00 exactly every day. We don't know how he keeps his internal clock so accurate but he knows exactly when it's 7:00 and 5:00 every day.

After chatting with The Hubby for a bit, I tried some more collage work. I still need gel medium. I may venture into Da Big City tomorrow, taking the bus to the Queen K Center, to see if there is an art store there that carries it. If not, I suppose I'll be ordering some off Amazon.

On my way to work, I snapped a few pictures to share. First, I came across the gorgeous and colorful plant. I thought it was pretty despite its lack of flowers. It might be called a Ti Plant...
Palm trees and greenery hiding an
oceanfront bungalow from the street

A bit further down the road, a row of palms climbing into the blue sky caught my eye. Living on the waterfront in harbor town - how cool would that be? Even the property next door, that looks more like a shack, appeals to me in its own way. I know it'd probably take multiple millions to move in there. Since it is across the street from our condo, I will tell people I live $3 million away from the ocean.
Another oceanfront property

The bus got me to work about 15 minutes late. Yesterday, the boss lady told me she thought it was better that I be 15 minutes late than 30 minutes early. Island time, brah. That whole concept seems so foreign after working for 10 years in an industry where you had a 7-minute window in which you needed to clock in or else you would get written up. So long as my boss's boss, the owner of the gallery, never gets upset about my steady string of lateness I will continue to take the later bus. The point becomes moot in 48 days anyway, right?
A beach bum type getting some
shade while playing his ukulele

I failed to come close to my secret goal at work today. I kept busy despite the low sales volume. I think I failed to bring enough food with me to work today, though. By the time I closed the shop, I felt famished. During my shift, I tried my best to ignore the sundries shop that sits just a few dozen feet away from the gallery. To walk over there, even to just grab a candy bar, requires me to close down and lock the shop, and then reverse procedure when I get pack - pain in the butt inconvenience! I even try to drink just enough water to keep me from getting dehydrated but not so much as to require a shi shi break so that I won't have to go through the process of closing up the shop.
My new lunch bag. Honu!

Not having brought enough food, and feeling too tired to cook, I talked Maureen into swinging through the McD's drive-thru when she drove me home after work. I ate chicken nuggets while I watched the 2nd part of a mini-series called Neverland (I watched the first part last night). It's a whole different perspective on how Peter Pan and Captain Hook came to be!

Aloha!


The Hubby has board shorts with bottle
openers in the pockets. He needs slippahs
like these with bottle  openers on the straps!



No comments:

Post a Comment