Monday, July 29, 2013

T Minus 75: Overanxious

I woke nice and early with big plans for the day. It turns out that my plans weren't well thought out, but I still had plans.
The airbed my new landlord is letting
me use for a couple months

I enjoyed my morning tea, as usual, but I skipped breakfast as I was anxious to get everything moved to the new condo. I made 4 trips back and forth, but I got everything moved. I spent a while unpacking before I freshened up a bit.

Around 10:30, I decided I wanted lunch and headed to McD's. I wasn't happy to see the breakfast menu still on the boards when I walked in but they went ahead and took my order for a double cheeseburger and large fry. While I waited for my food, I filled my water bottle at the soda fountain. The water that splashed over my hand felt cold and refreshing. I ate lunch as I watch 4 keiki run around like howler monkeys.

After lunch, I realized I left all of the chargers for my electronics at the other apartment so I made one last trip over there to make sure I really had everything this time. Then, it was off to the new place to finish unpacking and relax.

We can add my new landlord to the list of people I've met in Maui who go out of their way to be nice. When I first opened the door to the new condo, I found that he had not only left me his airbed but that he had already inflated it for me as well. He also left me a set of sheets that fit the airbed and some dishes and silverware to use until my stuff gets here!
The sky and the ocean seemed
especially blue today

I put the sheets on the airbed and laid down to see if it might need more air. Apparently, it was fine as I fell asleep and took a nap for an hour or so.

I woke up to texts from The Hubby about his upcoming trip. It seems the dogs are driving him nuts today and, from the pics he sent, he apparently has the Jeep packed and ready to go. I admit I'm a bit jealous of his road trip. It sounds like fun. He says he's rather be here already than be going on a road trip. That would be nice, but we're still 75 days away from that being a reality.

I mentioned to him that I didn't know what to do for the rest of the day. He encouraged me to go take some pictures, so that's what I did. I wandered along the sea wall and found a great spot where I could stand and watch the waves crash below me, occasionally with enough force to splash up and get me wet. I smiled as the people walking past gasped and giggled as I just stood and enjoyed the sea spray. Tiring of that, I wandered a bit farther down where I watched some of the biggest crabs I've yet to see on the island dance on the rocks.
One of the visitors I had while
resting on a bench near the library.

I walked as far as the library - yep, there's a small library on Front St. I sat on a bench and watched the birds flit around by my feet looking for handouts. I finally decided I wanted a shave ice so I picked up a small pineapple and mango flavored shave ice that I enjoyed while sitting in the shade in front of the Baldwin house.
Pineapple/Mango shave ice,
SMALL size. Ha!

Knowing I have no pots, pans, or any other cookware beyond a tea kettle, I walked to Foodland to pick up some just-add-water food for diner. The Ramen Alfredo I selected proved to be lacking in, well, everything. OK, it sucked.

The Hubby pointed out that had I stayed at the other apartment I've paid for and can use for the month of August, not only would I still have cookware - and a toaster oven - but I would also have wi-fi, which I don't have at the new place (and won't have until The Hubby sends me the wireless modem). Seeing as I don't have wi-fi I was forced to email this story to The Hubby and ask him to post it for me.

Like I mentioned earlier, maybe my plans weren't so well thought out. Oh well.

So, I tried in vain to get the laptop working again. With a dead power brick, I didn't stand much chance. The tablet is wi-fi only. I guess there will be no TV tonight. I can only hope that I have a book already downloaded on the Kindle (also wi-fi only) so that I have something to at least read tonight.

Tomorrow, I work 3 hours at the Lahaina gallery. Hopefully, I get home before the rain.
From yesterday. This guy apparently
prefers the luggage rack on the bus over
the seats just a few feet away.

Tropical Storm Flossie is coming. I'm trying not to be worried. The Hubby tells me it is still weakening, so that sounds encouraging.

I should find some wi-fi tomorrow and download some books in case I get stuck in the condo by the storm. Tonight, I'll just have to read whatever might already be on the Kindle.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment