Tuesday, August 13, 2013

T Minus 60 - Taking it slow

Closing one gallery the night before opening another gallery fails to meet my definition of an ideal situation, but I suppose it's not really that bad. Rising and shining around 8:00 this morning, I set my tea to start steeping while I readied myself for work. I poured the tea into my travel mug and headed out for the day.

I still feel less than 100% so I opted for the bus. I stopped on the way to the bus to grab a Sausage McMuffin off the McD's dollar menu to eat while I waited for the bus. I found Amanda at the bus stop, who of course greeted me with a hug, but she mostly wanted to talk about another haole girl she knows who recently returned to her routine after 3 months of maternity leave.  If you know me, you know I just couldn't get into this conversation. I tried, and failed, to be excited about someone having a baby. Just not my thing.

The bus finally saved me from the baby talk and I rode the short way to the Wharf. By the time I reached work, I felt weird - maybe from the meds I've been taking or the shortened sleep last night, or both - but I just took my time doing my thing and getting the gallery opened for business.

Ipo, one of my coworkers, came in around 10:30. We worked together for most of the day but business remained slow. She blamed it on Murphy's Law, thinking that when we schedule for heavy business we get the opposite, and vice versa. After we took our lunch breaks and business still failed to pick up, she suggested I go home. She knew I still felt a bit under the weather, and she hoped that Murphy's Law would work in her favor. Maybe if I went home, she thought, business would pick up and she would get slammed. I headed for the bus stop, hoping she was right and that she would make some money after I was gone.

I thought about stopping at the market on the way home but decided not to. I walked straight home instead. I really wanted some fresh fruit but I didn't feel much like shopping. Maybe tomorrow I'll go to the farmer's market. After making a decent baked potato in my toaster oven tonight, I want to pick up some more potatoes too. The downside to the farmer's market is that I'll have to take the bus up and back. Even if I felt well, I doubt I could walk or ride the bike that far yet. I do need to start shopping up there more, though. I want to eat well and stop buying all this processed crap I've been eating.

Tonight's agenda is more rest and more episodes of Weeds.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment