Saturday, August 17, 2013

T Minus 56: Island Time

I love my new bed. Love it! This morning, I slept in quite a while, slowly waking nice and late. Even when I finally woke, I found I didn't want to get out of bed. Soooooo comfortable. At least I didn't work until 3:00 this afternoon, so I was able to enjoy laying around and being a bum.

I did need to eat, though, so I grabbed a couple hard boiled eggs from the fridge and had breakfast. When I came back to the bedroom, I decided to swap out the borrowed sheets I had on the bed for the new sheets The Hubby bought for us. The new sheets are organic cotton from Coyuchi. Having never heard of them, I didn't know what to expect but these may be the softest sheets I have ever laid on. So soft, in fact, that I couldn't resist laying back down and enjoying them until it was time to go to work.

I caught up on Twitter and then decided to read a story The Hubby wrote that took me on a very emotional roller coaster. He had me smiling, picturing the pups running around. He had me crying when I thought our boy had hurt himself. Finally, I ended up laughing with the final paragraph. I sure miss my family.

I finished my morning watching a couple episodes of Weeds and - finally - doing some laundry. No, my dryer still hasn't been delivered but the landlord came by to hook up a temporary dryer. The dryer is too big for the space it is supposed to be in, so the landlord ordered a replacement. The replacement, originally scheduled for delivery on August 10 and then August 12 and then maybe sometime this week, is now scheduled for delivery on September 12! The landlord felt bad so he came and rigged up a solution so that I could have a dryer until - if? - the other one gets here.

Today, I started really feeling like living on island time, so much so that I opted to take a bus that gets me to work 10-15 mins late. It turns out not to be a big deal. Work today was slow. Like molasses in winter slow. A few visitors stopped by to browse but one one $26 sale my entire shift. How's a girl supposed to make commissions on a single $26 sale?!? Luckily, I picked up an extra shift this week. Even better, my extra shift will be at the Lahaina store. I don't know whether I am managing or selling that day, but either way I'm happy for the extra work.

Home. Dinner. Very anxious to lay on my new super soft sheets covering my super comfortable bed. Have I mentioned how much I love my new bed? I see me laying down and pretty much falling asleep almost immediately, so I might not get in too many episodes of Weeds tonight.

Aloha!

2 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying your blog. I started by reading your husbands and then found yours. Changing your lives to a new location is huge and hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete